The Hairpearl by Biosmetics Lash Lift System is for professional use only. Only experienced and trained professionals should perform a lash lift or a brow lamination service. This treatment requires essential training and competent knowledge of the process as well as awareness of client eligibility, contraindications, etc. A comprehensive Certification Class is recommended.
Additionally, a professional needs to:
- Be informed about all health laws and regulations within the region in which the service will be provided.
- Comply with all consumer laws/regulations and occupational Health & Safety laws within the region in which the service will be provided.
- This product contains ingredients that may cause skin irritations and/or allergic reactions on certain individuals. A patch test is necessary prior to each application.
- Using soap and water, cleanse a small area of the skin on the inner surface of the forearm.
- Apply a small patch of Step 1 Waving Lotion to the area you have prepared for the patch test. Apply the Step 2 Neutralizer, Step 3 Conditioning Lotion, Lash Bond, and premixed Tint in 4 additional swatches next to the Waving Lotion.
- After 6 minutes, remove all of the products with a damp cloth.
- After 24 hours, review the skin where the patch was administered. If no irritation or inflammation is apparent, it's usually assumed that no hypersensitivity to the products exists.
Products needed to perform treatment:
- Recommend starting out with a Hairpearl Lash Lift Starter Kit
- Hairpearl Lash & Brow Lift Cream No 1 – Waving Lotion
- Hairpearl Lash & Brow Lift Cream No 2 – Neutralizer
- Hairpearl Lash & Brow Lift Cream No 3 – Conditioning Lotion
- Hairpearl Brow and Lash Shampoo Foam
- Hairpearl Lash Lift Silicone Pads (Size S, M, L)
- Hairpearl Aloe Eye Gel Patches
- Hairpearl Bonder (Glue)
- Nitrile or Vinyl Gloves
- Headband or Bouffant Cap
- Lint-Free Cotton Rounds or Esthetic Wipes
- Disposable Mascara Wands
- Micro Brushes
- Lash Wipe Brushes
- Cotton Swabs/Buds
- Mixing Dish
- Timer, towels, blanket
- Hairpearl Lash Moist Brush
Optional Supplies for Add-On Tinting Treatment:
- Hairpearl Tint (Blue Black or Deep Black)
- Hairpearl 3% Cream Developer
- Hairpearl Tint Brush (round tip)
- Hairpearl Tint Remover
- Complete client data record.
- Have client remove contacts or glasses, if applicable.
- Have client lie down in a comfortable position, ensure head is slightly elevated.
- Secure clients hair away from the face with a headband or bouffant cap.
- Cleanse the eye area and lashes thoroughly with Hairpearl Brow & Lash Shampoo Foam. Any residual moisturizer or makeup will interfere with the performance of the lift. Lashes should be free of dirt, oil, makeup and be completely clean and dry before beginning service.
- Optional: Take a "Before" photo.
- Have the client look up while you apply the Aloe Lint Free Gel Patches to cover the lower eyelashes. The eye patches protect the skin under the eyes and help prevent the lower eyelashes from coming into contact with the products.
- Once all lower lashes are thoroughly covered, have the client close their eyes and comb through their lashes with a disposable mascara wand.
- Massage Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3 sachets thoroughly to mix and activate the ingredients inside before using. Make sure to massage the entire sachet well for about 10 seconds to ensure it's well mixed and combined.
Step 1: Select appropriate Lash Lift Pad Size.
- Choose the appropriate Hairpearl Silicone Pads (S, M or L), trimming to fit as required. The Large pad offers a softer, more natural curl whereas the Small pad will provide a more dramatic curl.
- It's important to select a Lash Lift Pad size that allows all of the lashes to adhere completely to the silicone pad. The smaller bump creates a higher lift, but the larger bump creates more curvature.
- Before securing your selected pad to the eyelid, practice combing the lashes on a few different pad sizes to ensure the tips of the lashes will not touch the eyelid once they've been lifted.
Step 2: Adhere the Lash Lift Pad.
- Apply a small amount of the Lash Bond directly to the back of the Lash Lift Pad making sure you apply it evenly all the way to the corners.
- Wait a few seconds for the bond to become tacky and, using gentle pressure, apply the shield to the eyelid as close to the lash line as possible. Begin applying at the inner corner of the eye. Be careful not to leave a gap above the lash line. Hold the Lash Lift Pad in place for approximately 60 seconds as it adheres.
Pro Tip: Applying too much pressure during this step may cause watering of the eyes, and this can interfere with the effectiveness of the bond. If this occurs, remove the pad and blot the area gently until dry. Repeat the Lash Bond application.
Step 3: Apply lashes to the Lash Lift Pad.
- It's recommended to apply the Bonder and eyelashes to the Lash Lift Pad in sections. Starting at the outer lashes, apply Lash Bond to the Lash Lift Pad and use a Y Brush to repeatedly brush up the lashes onto the pad until they adhere.
- Repeat in sections as you move toward the inner lashes, applying the bond and brushing lashes onto the Lash Lift Pad. Brush the lashes up and out, making sure to keep the lashes straight and avoiding overlap.
- If necessary, apply more Lash Bond to the tips of lashes to ensure they stay in place.
Step 4: Apply the Step 1 Waving Lotion.
- Ensure you have massaged the contents well in the Step 1 sachet to mix and activate the solution before opening it.
- Cut a corner of the sachet to create a small opening, dispersing the product directly onto a micro brush.
- Apply the product starting at the root or base of the lashes and brush up to the middle of the lash length. Avoid applying Waving Lotion to the tips of the lashes, as they're more fragile and this can compromise their integrity, making them prone to breakage.
- Waving Lotion should process for 5-7 minutes.
- After processing is complete, remove the Waving Lotion completely from eyelashes using a dry cotton swab or esthetic wipe.
Pro Tip: Processing time can be determined by how easily lashes fall when bonding them to the Lash Lift Pad. If they fall easily, this means that the lash is thicker and will require the full 7 minutes.
Step 5: Apply Neutralizer.
- Cut a corner of the sachet to create a small opening, dispersing the product directly onto a micro brush.
- Apply the product, beginning at the root or base of the lashes and brushing up to the middle of the lashes (covering the area where the Step 1 was applied).
- Neutralizer should process 4-6 minutes. Neutralizer should process 1 minute less than Waving Lotion.
- After processing is complete, remove Neutralizer with a clean, dry cotton swab or esthetic wipe.
Step 6: Tint Lashes (Optional).
- To enhance your client's lash lift results, tint lashes with Hairpearl Lash Tint with the Lash Lift Pads still in place. If not tinting, continue to "If Opting Out of Lash Tint" for remaining service instructions.
- In a glass dappen dish, mix equal parts of the Blue Black or Deep Black Tint with the Cream Developer until it's a creamy texture.
- Using a round tip brush, generously apply the tint mixture over the upper lashes, making sure to saturate them thoroughly from root to tip. This will also help loosen lashes from the Lash Lift Pad and aid in the removal process.
- Using a fresh micro brush, gently pull the lower lashes out from underneath the aloe eye gel patch. Apply the tint mixture to the lower lashes, being careful not to apply too close to the waterline.
- Allow to process for 4-5 minutes per eye.
Pro Tip: Tint will take less time to develop after a lash lift since the eyelash shaft is still open. To ensure the integrity of your client's lashes, it's not recommended to develop the tint for the standard 10 minutes.
- After processing, use a micro brush to gently detach any lashes that remain adhered to the Lash Lift Pad.
- Remove the tint from the upper lashes first using a dry cotton swab or disposable lip gloss applicator, and then remove from the lower lashes using a dry cotton swab or disposable lip gloss applicator.
- Complete the tint removal with an esthetic wipe very lightly dampened with water, wiping the lashes clean.
- Moisten a Lash Wiper Brush with Lash & Brow Shampoo Foam and gently sweep it under the Lash Lift Pad along the eyelid to remove the pad from the eyelid. Ensure you do not touch the lashes with this product. Remove the patch under the lower lashes. Remind your client to keep eyes closed until cleanup is complete.
- You may spot treat any tint that may have gotten on the eyelid with a cotton swab dampened with Hairpearl Tint Remover. Be careful not to touch the lashes with this.
Pro Tip: If product gets into the eye, flush thoroughly at your eye wash station or rinse out with lukewarm water.
Step 6: Without Lash Tint.
Tinting the client's lashes during a Lash Lift service is a great way to enhance their final look, but it may not be suitable for everyone. To continue the service without tinting, follow these simple steps:
- Using a fresh micro brush, gently remove lashes from the Lash Lift Pad.
- Moisten a Lash Wiper Brush with Lash & Brow Shampoo Foam and gently sweep it under the Lash Lift Pad along the eyelid to remove the pad from the eyelid. Ensure you do not touch the lashes with this product.
- After you have removed the Lash Lift Pad from the eyelid, clean up any remaining Bonder from the skin using the Wiper Brush moistened with Lash and Brow Shampoo Foam.
- If there is any residual Lash Bond remaining on the lashes you can gently remove by combing through using a disposable mascara wand.
Step 7: Apply Step 3 Conditioning Lotion.
- To help nourish and moisturize lashes post-treatment, utilize the Conditioning Lash Food Lotion. Cut a corner of the sachet to create a small opening, dispersing the product directly onto a disposable mascara wand.
- Have your client look up while you apply the Conditioning Lotion to the upper and lower lashes.
Pro Tip: To keep lashes nourished between services and guarantee customer satisfaction, your clients can purchase a Lash Moist After Care Brush for their at-home maintenance.
- The Hairpearl Lash Lift and Tinting services are for licensed professional use only.
- These treatments should never be done on any person with an eye disorder or infection.
- Keep all products out of reach of children.
- Eyelashes differ from person to person and processing time should be adjusted to individual lash conditions.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, wear gloves throughout the procedure and use disposable applicators whenever possible.
- Always keep the Waving Lotion, Neutralizer, Conditioning Lotion, Tints, and Developer in a cool, dark place. Avoid direct sunlight. If room temperature reaches 83˚ F or above, relocate products to a refrigerator.
- Use products prior to expiration dates.
- Be gentle with your lashes for the first 24 hours following the Lash Lift service.
- Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours (i.e. no showering, washing your face, swimming, etc.).
- Do not rub your lashes for 24 hours.
- Avoid heat or heat services for 24 hours following the service.
- Avoid use of contacts for 24 hours following the service.
- Do not use eye makeup for at least 24 hours following the Lash Lift service.
- Periodically brush eyelashes upward using a disposable mascara wand, as this can help secure the lift within the first 24 hours.
- Do not use oils on the lashes as this will degrade the results.
- Do not use harsh products or oil-based makeup removers, as this can degrade the results.
- Avoid using eyelash curlers, as they could cause lash breakage.
- Use the Lash Moist After Care Brush on a daily basis to nourish the lashes in between services.
If the aftercare guidelines are followed with utmost care, the Hairpearl Lash Lift results will last approximately 5-6 weeks.