The Hairpearl by Biosmetics Brow Lifting and Lamination System is for professional use only. Only educated, experienced, and trained professionals should perform a lash lift or a brow lamination service. This treatment requires essential training and competent knowledge of the process as well as awareness of client eligibility, contraindications, etc. A comprehensive Certification Class is recommended. Additionally, a professional needs to:
- Be informed about all health laws and regulations within the region in which the service will be provided.
- Comply with all consumer laws/regulations and occupational Health & Safety laws within the region in which the service will be provided.
- This product contains ingredients that may cause skin irritations and/or allergic reactions on certain individuals. A patch test is necessary prior to each application.
- Using soap and water, cleanse a small area of the skin on the inner surface of the forearm.
- Apply a small patch of Step 1 Waving Lotion to the area you have prepared for the patch test. Apply the Step 2 Neutralizer, Step 3 Conditioning Lotion, Lash Bond, and premixed Tint in 4 additional swatches next to the Waving Lotion.
- After 6 minutes, remove all of the products with a damp cloth.
- After 24 hours, review the skin where the patch was administered. If no irritation or inflammation is apparent, it's usually assumed that no hypersensitivity to the products exists.
Products Required for Service:
- Recommended to start with a Hairpearl Brow Lamination Kit, which includes many of your essentials.
- Biosmetics Lash and Brow Lift Cream No 1 – Waving Lotion
- Biosmetics Lash and Brow Lift Cream No 2 – Neutralizer Lotion
- Biosmetics Lash and Brow Lift Cream No 3 – Conditioning Lotion
- Hairpearl Lash and Brow Shampoo Foam
- Biosmetics Lash n Brow Bond (Glue)
Suggested Products for Service:
- Biosmetics Microbrushes
- Biosmetics Lash Wipe Brushes
- Disposable Mascara Wands
- Hairpearl Eyebrow Gel
- Lash and Brow Moisturizing Brush
- Lint-free Cotton pads, Esthetic wipes
- Headband or Bouffant Cap
- Disposable gloves
- 2 Timers, towels, and a cozy blanket
- Optional: 2”x8” strip of saran wrap
Optional, for Add-on Tinting:
- Hairpearl Brow Tint
- Hairpearl Cream Developer
- Biosmetics Tinting Brush – slanted tip
- Hairpearl Tint Remover
- If desired, use the Hairpearl Eyebrow Gel to shape the clients brows so as to preview the desired result (optional).
- Cleanse the brows of any makeup, dirt, or oil with Hairpearl Lash and Brow Shampoo Foam. Brows should be completely clean and dry before beginning treatment.
- Take a “Before” photograph of client.
- Important: Be sure to massage the sachets well to mix the solution inside before opening.
Step 1 – Cream No. 1 Waving Lotion
Apply a thin coat of Biosmetics Lash n Brow Bonder (glue) to the brows. Carefully straighten the hair, setting the hair in the desired direction and shape with a clean Mascara Wand. Ensure sparse areas are covered, curly hairs are straightened, and the brow hair is set in the desired direction to add shape and definition to the brows.
Important: Massage the Step 1 Waving Lotion sachet all over to mix and activate the solution – ensure it is well mixed before opening. Using a Biosmetics Microbrush, apply a thin coat of Cream No 1 Waving Lotion to the brow hair – starting at the base of the brow hairs and working up. Try to avoid getting the solution on the surrounding skin as far as possible. You can use a clean mascara wand to help align the hair in the desired direction.
- Fine Brows: 5 minutes
- Natural, Healthy Brows: 6 minutes
- Coarse, Healthy Brows: 7 minutes
Begin 1st timer after completing the application of the Step 1 solution to the first brow. Begin 2nd timer after completing the application of the Step 1 solution to the second brow. Allow to process for the appropriate time, depending on the thickness and density of the hair.
For thicker, stubborn brows, you may opt to apply a strip of saran wrap over the brows to help keep them in place while they process. Be careful not to over process the hair.
Remove the Step 1 Lotion with a dry cotton round or esthetic wipe.
Step 2 – Cream No. 2 Neutralizer:
Using a new Microbrush, apply the Step 2 – Neutralizer Lotion to the brows. The Step 2 solution stops the Step 1 from processing. Brush the brows up and down with a new mascara wand to ensure each hair gets covered. This also helps to loosen any remaining bonder on the brows. Brush brows back up and set in desired direction.
- Fine brows: 6 minutes
- Natural, healthy, coarse brows: 6 minutes
Once processed, remove Step 2 Neutralizer Lotion with a new, dry cotton round or esthetic wipe. Remove in the direction the brows have been set. Dry the brows and brush them up with a clean mascara wand.
Optional – Shape and Tint Brows
- If desired, you may wish to trim, tweeze, wax, and clean up the brows at this point.
- If the client isn’t experiencing any sensitivity or excessive redness, you may wish to tint the brows. Prepare Hairpearl Tint and apply with a Hairpearl Tint Brush with slant tip.
- Remove the tint after 3-5 minutes using a clean cotton pad or esthetic wipe lightly dampened with water. Monitor the development of the tint to ensure it doesn't get too dark for your client.
Step 3 – Cream No. 3 Conditioning Lotion
Apply Step 3 Lotion – Using a new Wiper Brush or cotton swab, apply a generous amount of the Step 3 Conditioning Lotion over the brows– keeping the brows brushed up and set in place. Do not remove the Conditioning Lotion and allow the client to leave with it still on.
Take an “After” photograph.
Explain important aftercare to client. Give them a printed copy to take home along with a Biosmetics Aftercare Lash n Brow Moist Brush (this can be included as a part of the service or recommended to your client as a retail item).
The aftercare advice is given to ensure the client fully understands what should and should not be done 24-48 hours post treatment for longevity of the Hairpearl Brow Lamination results.
- Keep brows dry for 24-48 hours.
- For 48-72 hours post treatment, it’s recommended to use a mild, gentle cleanser when washing the face/brows.
- After the brows get wet, brush them up into the desired shape with a mascara wand.
- Use the Biosmetics Lash n Brow Moist Pen (Brush) twice a day (morning and evening), combing the brows upward into the desired shape. This is a very nourishing and conditioning solution that supports the longevity of the treatment and health of the brows.
- Do not apply any makeup or receive any other eye treatment for least 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid rubbing the brows.
- Avoid swimming/sauna/sweating for 24-48 hours.
- If any stinging or swelling occurs, keep applying a cold dampened cotton pad or cold compress. If it persists seek medical advice!
If the aftercare guidelines are followed with utmost care, the Hairpearl Brow Lamination results will last approximately 5-6 weeks.