Kick Off the Holiday Season with a Boost in Revenue!
Year after year, gift card sales continue to climb each holiday season. Has your business taken advantage of a gift card program yet? If not, there's no time like the present! With the holiday season fast approaching, offering gift cards can help generate additional revenue, increase customer loyalty, and gain exposure to new clientele. Consider these tips for helping you get the most out of your gift card promotions.
- Create an experience. While shoppers enjoy the convenience of a gift card, they also appreciate the opportunity to personalize their gift. While traditional gift cards are simply cash on a card, a card that can be redeemed for a unique experience can give a more thoughtful touch. Consider creating an exclusive package of services for the holiday season, or a gift card redeemable for "off the menu" services. Put together packages at several different price points that will appeal to a variety of budgets.
- Personalize your gift cards. Include fun and festive holiday images with your business name, logo, or anything else that might differentiate your card or certificate. Perhaps it can be packaged in an attractive envelope, small gift bag or other unique packaging to help give it a special appeal. Bundle your gift card with retail items packaged in a Holiday Gift Bag ready for giving - have fun with it!
- Create Win-Win Promotions. Enter customers who purchase gift cards of a minimum amount (i.e. $50 or more) into a raffle to win a free service, product, or a gift card of their own. Give consumers a reason to buy gift cards from you by using coupons or free products as incentives. For example, a coupon for 15% off their next visit with the purchase of a gift card will promote holiday gift sales as well as future business. Or, reward the purchaser with a $15 or $20 gift card of their own for every $100 they spend on gift cards.
- Market your gift card program. Utilize attractive displays near the checkout counter. Announce your gift card specials via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). Run additional contests on social media to encourage your clients to share your gift card promotion with their friends and family to help spread the word. Remember to promote gift card specials in newsletters and on your website ASAP, and consider sending reminders as time begins to run out.
- Make your gift cards available for purchase online on your website. Capture last minute shoppers with instant gift cards - they're fast, convenient, and accessible 24/7!
We hope you find some of these ideas useful in launching your way to increased revenue through gift certificate sales this holiday season and all throughout the year. Do you have more ideas to share related to increasing gift card sales? Please share your ideas in the comments below.